Two Months Old


Yesterday our little Miles turned two months old. Today he is recovering from his first set of inoculations after his two month check-up. Unless he has gas, this little boy very rarely fusses. Tonight he was not crying hard. He would just give little tiny yelps and squish his face all up. He also did a lot of comfort nursing. I'm sad to say that he doesn't comfort nurse very often. (I kinda wish he would more.)

Measurements ~ Length: 22 and 3/4 inches (50th percentile*); Weight 11 pounds, 8.2 ounces (55th percentile); Head Circumference: 41 cm (75th percentile).
*I charted these myself very roughly. When he was first born his percentiles were much higher, but following his his two week appointment these percentiles were roughly the same. Dr. Dveirin said that its normal to have a huge head when first born and for it to retract in the beginning.


He smiles. He coos. He makes the greatest faces. He's responsive and kicks his little feet when when you talk to him.

The faux hawk is natural.

At night, he gets grouchy and relaxes almost instantly when swaddled. Then he falls into a nice sleep for several hours, deeply sleeping until hunger wakes him up. I cherish the snuggle time and usually enjoy the slight waking to nurse him. Sometimes though it makes me grouchy. He often wiggles and grunts for an hour or so from gas, and that is the hardest time, near 4 a.m.

He spends his days with his dad during the week. The two go up to grandpa's house and Adam does work for my dad while my dad watches Miles. My dad is amazing at getting Miles to sleep. Adam then works until Miles fusses, and Adam gives him a bottle. It seems pretty peaceful. My work permits babies to come in until six months of age. Perhaps if I get more efficient at it I will take better advantage of the opportunity. For now, I barely feel like I know how to perform my job without the extra distraction of wanting to just nurse and snuggle Miles all day. But I have taken him in a few times and I love it. I plan to do it more.

As you can see, Miles is very tolerant of his sister's enthusiastic affections.

Another note is that all of these pictures are at least a week old. I have been sooo slow about posting, and even slower about uploading and cataloging photos. It's hard getting back into the swing of things.

1 comment:

  1. The ones of June and Miles are soooo cute! Especially the one where he is lying down. I can't believe he's already two months old. He's an adorable little boy. That's so great that you can take him into work with you too!

    ReplyDelete

I always, always, always love comments. (Okay, except maybe not the nasty ones.)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...