Hair Clouds & the Multiplication of Beauty


This is a picture from yesterday morning. I'm happy I caught the way the sun hits June's hair. I've been oohing and aahing over it, and I love how she stands out amongst this dappled light.

We finally had June's 15 month appointment, and I am happy to report the digits: She is 32.5 inches tall, which places her in the 90th percentile for height. She weighs 23 pounds, 4 ounces, which hits exactly at 50th percentile. And lastly, she remains a large headed girl, with a 48.5 cm head circumference, which is the 95th percentile.

She keeps on saying new words you guys. House. Boy. Friends' names: Chris and Emery.

I found a blog that I think will be a staple here on out. Look here. One of her posts inspired me to share something that I was feeling the other day. And this is it:

That the mere ability to see beauty in the world helps it along, helps it grow.

As though seeing it makes it exist.

And then suddenly my life is ten times richer because I can SEE how beautiful it is.

And I am glad that I keep looking.

6 comments:

  1. yeah! Are our kids around the same age then? 1/25 is Blaise- Um, I love spirit of the river blog! It is great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the link to that great blog. Your daughter's hair is beautiful. It's so important to look for the beauty all around us because it's definitely there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your titles. Her hair is sort of like clouds, so amazingly pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have a good eye for lighting!

    And about seeing beauty, and it manifesting.....yeah. I think possibilities are the same. I always start getting all, "Yeah, the world could be like xxxx (put your pet project here)" then I get negative, and the possibility image is gone, the impetus.

    Beautiful post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Christy I think so too. I really do.

    And though I definitely have my dark moments, I think overall I'm a glass is half full type lady.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think I've said this before but "June is a freakin' genius!" Xxx

    ReplyDelete

I always, always, always love comments. (Okay, except maybe not the nasty ones.)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...