The Meaning of June and Junie

I write this from the public library over lunch time. Today a book caught my eye - "The Art of Baby Nameology, Explore the Deeper Meaning of Names for your Baby" by Norma J. Watts.

Here is what June means: Has a clever mind. Great social skills. Creative and opinionated. A free spirit, very adaptable.

And here is Junie: Has a clever mind. Great social skills. Creative and opinionated. Blessed in some ways. A free spirit, very adaptable.

So far she is living right up to these descriptions.

This book is cool. I will check it out and you can comment here if you'd like over the next week or so and I'll respond back with your name's meaning.

5 comments:

  1. Sounds like an interesting book. My children are named William(Billy) & Sarah. I gave them love names as toddlers,Bubba & Peaches. I'd enjoy knowing more about the names. Hope you're having a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are cool meanings. It's interesting that the only difference is that Junie is 'blessed in some ways' - Junie is blessed in a lot of ways, especially with having such a sweet nickname.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun!

    Would love to know if Noelani is even in there. If not I'll take Noe. Or Bean. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Actually, I should mention that in Hawaiian Noelani means "gift from heaven". That's not why we chose the name, but its true nonetheless.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Melissa I will email it to you - whatever I can. :)

    ReplyDelete

I always, always, always love comments. (Okay, except maybe not the nasty ones.)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...