Two different kids


Last night Miles slept from 9 pm to 5:45 am. This is cause for celebration. A kid that likes sleeping? I thought that was just a myth. I have felt pretty fantastic as a result of the sleep. It may never happen again, but I think it will. Knock on wood.

In other news, Miss J is fascinated with all things girl and princess. For instance, ever since her Nana got her a princess costume for Halloween (alas, the hand-me-down bunny costume I was given as a gift was too small) she has worn the dress every single day. As a funny aside, she cannot go to the bathroom unassisted when wearing the princess dress. I do feel like a lady in waiting/servant. For another instance, this morning in the car she was quite clear that she would be making snow women, not snow men. But it hasn't snowed here to speak of really. This morning there was some fluffy stuff that melted upon striking the ground, and that is about it. She also continues to adore lip gloss. And lately she is finally interested in brushing her hair. We'll see if that lasts.

Mr. Miles has some definite sweet things about him. I may have mentioned it before, but aside from the occasional gas pain shrieks, he only cries if he is tired or hungry.

Last night when I got home from work, I was very plainly greeted with a smile of recognition that said, "Oh yes, the milk lady is here. And I do want a snack and a cuddle."

He loves falling asleep in someone's arms. I don't mind this as he doesn't mind if I am sitting down holding him. He just wants to be held.

And one of his "I'm sleepy" cues is to turn his head into my upper arm like he is looking for a nipple there. But really, he just wants his plug and a cozy spot to sleep.
P.S. I actually wrote this post on Wednesday. But the bunny photo I got this morning in my email, a lovely surprise sent from my mom's iPhone.

2 comments:

  1. The bunny is so cute! I'd love to see a photo of the princess costume too. It's a funny image of you as lady in waiting:)
    That's so great that Miles is a good sleeper! Noah is turning out to be more like how June was with the eye rubbing and forcing himself to stay awake -- last night he was just fine (except a little cranky, yawning, and such tired eyes), but everytime we went into the dark bedroom he would just scream because he did NOT want to go to sleep unless we weren't doing anything interesting. Oh boy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so cute! but yes... she does look like she'd rather be in that princess dress!

    ReplyDelete

I always, always, always love comments. (Okay, except maybe not the nasty ones.)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...